The B.M. in Composition is a highly competitive and aggressive program designed to train the very best students for acceptance into the graduate level, receive fellowships, commissions and awards. There are four distinct program outcomes: Musicianship demonstrating fluent musicianship skills, Composition and Performance creating a portfolio of original composition, Professional Work through work as a composer, and Composition Skills where the student will demonstrate pedagogical techniques, compositions, music engraving, synthesis and recording software.
» B.M. in Composition
+ - Possible Occupations
- Background Music Designer
- Band Member/Director
- Classical Musician
- Film Music Director/Editor
- Instrument Technician
- Music Critic
- Music Education Director
- Music Director
- Music Librarian
- Music Mixer
- Music Professor
- Music Promoter
- Music Publicist
- Music Publisher
- Music Teacher
- Music Therapist
- Radio/Television Announcer
- Studio Musician
Additional Resources about career and internship opportunities are available on the Hall-Musco Conservatory of
+ - Professional Associations
- Music & Entertainment Industry Educators Association
- American Guild of Musical Artists
- American Music Therapy Association
- American Federation of Musicians
- Music Teachers National Association
- Music Teachers Association of California
- The Certification Board for Music Therapists
- National Association for Music Education
- Music Library Association
- American Musicology Society
- American Guild of Music
- International Business Music Association
- Music Critics Association of North America
- The Society of Composers & Lyricists
- The Society of Professional Audio Recording Services
- The Center for Association Leadership
- The Society for Ethnomusicology
- Women in Music
- Conductors Guild
- American Composers Alliance
- American Composers Forum
- The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers
- New Music USA
- Society of Composers, Inc.
+ - Chapman Organizations
+ - Links and Resources
Yellow pages directory of orchestras in the U.S.
Music Industry Career Center
A full variety of topics about launching a music career
The essential source for a career in the arts
A thousand plus job opportunities
How to in the industry
Entertainment job and internship listings
Gateway to vocal ensemble resources on the web
How badly do you want a job in music as a professional musician?
Helping musicians and music entrepreneurs create sustainable careers
Careers in music
Bringing Music and Business Together
Catholic University of America
Professional Resources & Organizations
Come see us, no appointment necessary!
Mon: AF 303, 2-4 p.m.
Tue: AF 303 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
Wed: AF 303 2-4 p.m.
Thu: AF 303, 3-5 p.m.
Fri: AF 303, 10-12 p.m.
The CDC engages in sustainable office practices.