If you are an Employer, you can create an account one of two ways:
You could be invited by a school. For example, if Chapman University invited you, you would visit chapman.joinhandshake.com and click Sign Up for an Account to get started.
If you don’t have an invitation from a school, you can then click Sign Up for an Account to get started.
1. As you begin the process, you will be asked what type of account you would like to create. Click the Employer button which will trigger the employer registration form to appear.
2. Fill out the information requested then click Sign Up
3. Fill out some preferences that will help us understand how you are hoping to user Handshake and where you attended college
4. Click Continue
5. Agree to the Handshake Guidelines
6. If you are a third party recruiter select Yes and review Handshake's third party recruiter policy
7. If you are a third party recruiter, meaning that you are going to be posting jobs on behalf of another company, with the intent of finding candidates for that company to hire, then you must click the Yes, I am button and then read and agree to comply with Handshake’s third party recruiting policies (by checking the agree to comply box).
If you are not a third party recruiter (meaning you work for the employer you’re creating the account for), click the No, I am not button and click Finish.
8. You will be taken to a confirmation page, and you will shortly(within 5-10 minutes) receive a confirmation email (to the email address provided) with a link enabling you to confirm your account. You must click this link before you can proceed with the registration process. If you don't receive a confirmation email, see the steps outlined in this article
9. When you click the link in your confirmation email, you will be brought to this page:
10. If your company is displayed on this page you will click Join next to your company name. You can also click Create Company from this page if you do not see your company listed. Read How do I create a company profile to learn more about completing your company profile in Handshake.
1. If this is not your company and you think that an additional account should be opened for your domain you should reach out to email@example.com to discuss opening an additional Handshake account.
11. Next you will want to choose schools to connect to. Use the filters on the left side of the screen to narrow down schools by rank, size and location. If you are interested in connecting with all schools in the Handshake network you can click Select All in the top right corner of the screen.
12. Click the plus in the corner of the school logo to request to connect to a particular school
13. If you are not automatically connected with your company you will see the following message:
14. To learn more about being in a pending status at your company, read What does it mean to be "pending" at a school?
15. If you have any questions about getting started with Handshake - reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org