What does it mean to be welcomed? To have a home and to feel safe? What is the value of fostering compassionate connections within a diverse community?
Through Cross-Cultural Engagement, these types of questions are explored and acted upon. Friendships, connections, and support can make a huge impact on how we see ourselves as individuals and how we interact with others. We strive to:
- Build compassion through education about diversity, equity and social justice
- Foster safety and develop a welcoming environment for all members of our community
- Promote acceptance, civility and respect for everyone
- Work with students to develop self-awareness and encourage reciprocity
- Provide support and resources for underrepresented communities here at Chapman
These are our collective goals because we know as global citizens that we are each accountable for developing a more just, compassionate, and equitable world that includes and supports all of us.