The Next Step Social Justice Retreat is an annual event that occurs every February. Next Step gives students a forum in which to further develop knowledge, skills, and motivations for becoming better change agents in their communities around social justice issues.
» Chapman Next Step Social Justice Retreat
Next Step Applications
Facilitator applications are open through Friday, November 4th.
Participant applications are open from October 31 through November 25.
Participation in Next Step Includes:
- Deepening your awareness of identity
- Developing your understanding of community
- Sharing your story and hopes for our world
- Building new relationships
- Learning about social justice issues
- Developing skills and experience for effective civic engagement
Benefits of the Retreat
- Participation in a dialogue group of 7-9 participants & 2 facilitators
- Full group activities on identity, power & equity
- Film screening & discussion
- Evening workshops planned by participants
- Personal action planning
- Stress relief space for reflection & recharging
- Unstructured breaks for socializing, networking, & coalition-building
- T-shirt & certificate of completion provided to all participants
- Accommodations, meals, & transportation included
- Direct access to staff, faculty, and student leaders & activists