OURCA Ambassadors are a group of highly-motivated students who have a passion for research and/or creative activities. They serve as liaisons for OURCA at various events, discussing and highlighting all OURCA has to offer with faculty, students, and more.
Applications open Spring 2017.
Students from ALL MAJORS are encouraged to apply!
OURCA Ambassadors will be responsible for:
- Giving presentations to Freshman Interest Groups, classes, and student organizations about getting involved in undergraduate research and taking advantage of OURCA’s funding and programming opportunities.
- Representing CU and the Office of Undergraduate Research and Creative Activity at various campus functions, events, and panels.
- Represent and help in OURCA events; e.g. CUSRD, Faculty Research Expo, Workshop and Information Sessions, Lunch with a Professor.
- Monthly meetings.
Participation as an OURCA Ambassador includes benefits such as:
- Make an impact on the educational experience of your peers and make a difference for future undergraduate researchers.
- Gain outreach and leadership experience for personal growth and résumé/CV building.
- Opportunity to interact and network with students, faculty, and academic professionals.
- An opportunity for a great recommendation letter.
OURCA will host an information session about becoming an OURCA Ambassador when applications become available in the Spring.
OURCA Ambassadors will be selected on the basis of their application and an interview. In addition to enthusiasm and strong communication skills, we are looking for a diversity of majors including the fine and performing arts, humanities, and social sciences. Once selected, ambassadors will receive training.