Bar-Ilan University - Ramat Gan (Tel Aviv), Israel
Bar-Ilan University is one of Israel's leading universities and is known for its outstanding academic program. The Faculty of Law of Bar-Ilan University offers a special study program in English for foreign students. The courses will be taught in English and cover various legal fields, all with an international or comparative law component. They will be taught partly by Bar-Ilan's own professors and partly by visiting professors from leading law schools in North America and Europe. Students are also welcome to sit in on regular courses taught to Bar-Ilan students, if their knowledge of Hebrew allows.
Two Fowler Law students may participate in the Bar-Ilan University exchange program each Fall semester. Applications must be made in the Spring semester of a student’s 2L year for participation in the Fall semester of the 3L year.
This program is subject to review by the University and law school on an annual basis.
- Learning Objectives Orientation (required): Must be completed prior to departure. Students must will meet with a Fowler Law faculty advisor to establish learning objectives for their semester participation.
- Chapman University Study Abroad “First Steps” Orientation (required): Must be completed prior to departure. Please contact Kristin Beavers, Associate Director, Chapman University Center for Global Education, email@example.com and see the information page at https://web.chapman.edu/CGESignup/
- Bar-Ilan Orientation Program (required): To be determined, but beginning in October 2017. Please contact Bar-Ilan University Law School for details.
- Classes Begin: To be determined, but beginning October 2017. Please contact Bar-Ilan University Law School for details.
- Classes End: To be determined, but late December 2018 (The international program for foreign students closes by the end of December to allow students to return to their home institutions in time for the spring semester. All assignments can be completed before the end of December. It is offered only in the Fall Semester. Please contact Bar-Ilan University Law School for details.)
- Evaluation and Assessment (required): Must be completed upon return. Students must meet with a Fowler Law faculty advisor to review their learning objectives and complete an evaluation of their participation and the degree to which learning objectives were met.
Applications must include:
Study Abroad Application
Name of a Fowler faculty member who can provide a recommendation
All students considering study abroad should review U.S. Government Travel Information, and especially any relevant official Travel Warnings. Links to up-to-date information are available at the Chapman University Center for Global Education website at https://www.chapman.edu/international-studies/center-for-global-education/student-resources/living-abroad.aspx .