Explore the following tabs for highlights of conferences and events hosted by the Center for Global Education in 2014.
»2014 Conferences & Events
+-International Education Week 2014
The Center for Global Education's International Education Week at Chapman will be held September 15 - 19! The week will kick off with our Study Abroad Fair, and there are many more ways to join other international and cross-cultural events on campus. See the list below for all of the events:
- Study Abroad Fair: 10am-2pm in Attallah Piazza. Hosted by the Center for Global Education.
- EUSA Internship Info Sessions: 2:30pm-3:30pm at the Center for Global Education (576 N. Glassell). Summer International Internships in Dublin and Madrid.
- GlobaLinks/ISA Internship Info Sessions: 3:30-4:30pm at the Center for Global Education (576 N. Glassell). Summer International Internships in Australia, New Zealand, Shanghai, Hong Kong, and Santiago.
- Internship Welcome Back Social: 4:30pm– 6:00pm at the Center for Global Education (576 N. Glassell).
- Suffolk University Madrid Info Sessions: 5-6pm in Beckman Hall 108.
- Screening of the film "Nicky's Family": 7-9:30pm in the Rodgers Center for Holocaust Education in Memorial Hall. Sponsored by Rodgers Center for Holocaust Education, Religious Studies Department, Wilkinson College of Humanities & Social Sciences, Fish Interfaith Center, History Department, and Cross-Cultural Engagement.
- Student Involvement Fair: 11am-1pm in Attallah Piazza. Showcase of clubs from all over campus, many with an international focus. Hosted by Student Organizations.
- International Education Week Mixer: 5pm, Location TBD. Hosted by the Center for Global Education.
- Screening and reception of “Walesa Man of Hope”: 5-10pm in the Bush Conference Center, Room 404 of Beckman Hall. Celebrate the 30th anniversary of the founding of the Solidarity Movement in Poland with a showing of the film “Walesa Man of Hope” and a visit by the Polish Consul General. The film was selected for the Best Foreign language Film at the 86th Academy Awards. Reception from 5-6pm, Consul General’s speech at 6pm, with the film starting at 6:20pm. Sponsored by the Center for Global Education and Consulate General of the Republic of Poland.
- Social Justice BBQ: 5-7:45pm in Attallah Piazza. Sponsored by Cross-Cultural Engagement, Civic Engagement Initiatives, University Program Board, and Student Government Association.
- Center for Global Education Photo Contest Voting Closes: Vote for your favorite student-submitted photoby 4pm on the Center for Global Education Facebook page.
+-Southern Energy Corridor Conference
Chapman University, in association with the Pacific Council on International Policy Eurasia Members Committee, presented "The Geopolitical Implications of the Southern Energy Corridor" Conference on Saturday May 17, 2014 from 9:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. at the University of Southern California Town & Gown event hall. The conference featured nine prestigious international speakers. View the Speaker Biographies.
Recent events in the Ukraine have demonstrated to the world Europe’s dangerous dependency on a single source of energy. This conference explored the geopolitical implications of an alternate source, Azerbaijan’s gas fields in the Caspian Sea.
Admission to the event was free and open to the general public.
View the Conference Agenda