- Two semesters of General Chemistry (Chem 140 and Chem 150)
- Two semesters of General Biology (Biol 204 or Biol 205 or Biol 208/209)
- Two semesters of General Physics (Phys 101 and 102 or Phys 107 and 108)
- Two semesters of Calculus (Math 110 and Math 111)
- One/two semester(s) of Organic Chemistry (Chem 230 and/or Chem 331)
Advanced Placement (A.P.) Credit Limitations:
Not all medical schools accept A.P. scores to satisfy admission requirements (e.g. 1 or 2 semesters of English). All pre-med students are urged to meet with their advisor to select appropriate course work. Medical schools that do not accept high school AP scores in biology, chemistry, physics, or calculus, will require that relevant prerequisite coursework be taken at a college or university for a letter grade.
Recommended Course Lists:
Additional courses are often recommended by individual health care programs. The following is a breakdown of specific health care programs and courses that are often recommended. Several majors at Chapman University have been specifically designed to incorporate all required coursework and serve as a stepping stone for admission into selected professional health care programs. Links to these majors are included at the bottom of the recommended course lists.
Click on each program below for a list of additional recommended courses.