+-MBA Professional Development Program
Welcome to the next step in your career! By enrolling in the Chapman MBA program, you have chosen to make an investment in your future. In which direction will you take your talents and energy? As the CEO of your career, this choice is up to you. Through a solid, employer-tested core framework, plenty of inspiration, and lots of feedback, we’ll help you get there.
The Professional Development Program (PDP) prepares students for professional success through four phases of the career development cycle, much like a CEO or entrepreneur would develop his/her company or brand:
- Phase 1: Identifying Your Focus
- Phase 2: Creating Your Story
- Phase 3: Going to Market
- Phase 4: Managing Your Career / Adapting to New Opportunities
All Full-Time MBA and Emerging Leader MBA students will have an introductory meeting with a member of the Career Services this team over the summer, where you will hear more about the program and receive more information about required summer deliverables for PDP. Flex MBA students who would like to learn more may contact Lauren Klentak for more information.
Professional Business Cards and Name Badges with official Chapman logos are available to order. Please complete the attached form (PDF attached). If your forms are received by August 1st , you should receive your materials by September 15th.
+-National Conferences and Career Fairs
We are committed to informing you about the most valuable opportunities to interact with national employers. Please save the dates for these national diversity conferences where many large, top-tier organizations actively recruit. (Please visit each conference page for initial list of participating employers. Job/internship postings for each career fair are typically posted 4-6 weeks before the conference.) Attendance at one or more of these events is optional but highly recommended if you intend to compete for internships at these companies. Please note that you do not need to personally identify with the race/heritage/affiliation of the hosting association to attend; anyone is welcome to participate in any of the conferences. Additionally, a member of the Career Center team will be attending the National Black MBA conference to offer onsite career coaching and to build employer relationships.
- National Black MBA Association Conference and Exposition: September 22-26; Orlando, FL: http://www.nbmbaaconference.org/
- National Hispanic MBA Conference and Career Expo: October 8-10; Chicago, IL: http://www.nshmba.org/
- Reaching Out MBA Conference: October 8-10; Chicago, IL: http://www.reachingoutmba.org/
- MBA Women International Conference and Career Fair: October 15-17; Houston, TX: http://www.mbawomen.org/
- Asian MBA Leadership Conference and Career Exposition: October 16-17; New York, NY: http://www.asianmba.org/
Visit Argyros School Career Services
MBA Drop-In Hours
Tuesday: 5 to 6 p.m.
Wednesday: 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Location & Contact Info