As a prospective student, one of the best ways to get a true feeling of a university is to visit and ask questions. This is why Chapman is proud to offer a variety of visiting and learning opportunities to help you make this important decision.
»Visiting & Interview Opportunities
+-Campus Walking Tours & Information Sessions
Monday through Friday at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. *
These 90-minute campus and residence hall walking tours are specifically designed to give prospective students and their parents an in-depth look at the history, academics, student life and surroundings that make Chapman University a standout in the education world. Following the tours are 60-minute information sessions that provide an in-depth look at the application process, explain what our admission committee looks for during review and a Q&A session with an admission representative.
Location and Check-in
Tours and Information Sessions meet in the Pankey Visitor Center located within the main lobby of Argyros Forum (Building 1 on the Campus Map) at 386 N Center Street. Please check in five minutes prior to your appointment. Click here for a campus map and parking info.
+-Other Campus Tour Options
Want to see behind the scenes of the Dodge College of Film and Media Arts? This highly-ranked school offers in-depth tours of the facilities so you can experience first-hand the dynamic learning environments and cutting edge equipment.
Private Group Walking Tours
We also offer hour-long walking tours (Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 9 a.m.; Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3 p.m.*) that are designed for larger groups of students and counselors who want to have their own group tour of Chapman University's main campus. To schedule your private group walking tour, contact (714) 997-6711 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Graduate Student Tours
If you are a graduate student or High School Counselor wanting to attend one of our Campus Walking Tours, please contact the Admission Office front desk for assistance at (714) 997-6711 or e-mail email@example.com.
If our campus tours are closed or your schedule doesn't permit, you can experience the beauty of Chapman’s campus at your own pace, on your own time, with our self-guided audio tours.
* Please Note the following exceptions to our tour schedule: We are unable to hold tours during Orientation Week in August, and when the campus is closed for major holidays. We also do not have 2 p.m. tours on Fridays during June and July.
+-High School Visits & College Fairs
Can't make it to us, then we'll come to you. Chapman admission counselors will be visiting high schools and college fairs near you. Don't miss out on the opportunity to meet your admission counselor and ask questions face-to-face.View High School Visits and College Fair Schedule »
+-Regional Receptions & Service Projects
- September 9: San Jose Regional Reception
- September 11: Marin County Regional Reception
- September 13: Jeddah, Saudi Arabia Reception
- October 9: Oregon Regional Reception
- October 18: Washington State Regional Reception
- October 10: Portland Area Service Project at the Blanchet House
+-Interviews for High School Seniors
Chapman University's Office of Admission offers prospective students the opportunity to learn more and ask questions on a one-to-one basis with Chapman student leaders and admission representatives. Please review your interview and appointment options below.
Fellows Interviews: On-Campus, Phone or Skype
» Sign up for a Fellows Interview through the end of 2014 here. Interviews for January 2015 will be available for registration later this fall.
Chapman's Admission Fellows Program provides prospective students with the opportunity to meet with current Chapman student leaders for an informational and evaluative conversation. Fellows are also available to answer questions about the Chapman community from the interviewee or their parents. The interview is used by the admission committee as an additional aid in the application review process.
To qualify for an interview, a student must be a current high school senior and seriously considering applying to Chapman University, or have already submitted an application for the following academic year. A few of the benefits of interviewing with an Admission Fellow:
- Provides a more personalized application experience
- Helps demonstrate the prospective student's personality and passions to the admission committee
- Allows prospective students to explore the current student perspective on a more intimate and detailed level
- Introduces a Chapman student contact for the prospective students to keep in touch with throughout the application process
Interviews conducted by our Admission Fellows are available upon request, and will be scheduled on a first-come, first-serve basis. We will offer interviews both on campus and over the phone. We also offer interviews during Discover Chapman Day. Fellows Interviews will begin for high school seniors on September 15, 2014 and be offered through January.
Important Dates to Remember
- November 21, 2014: Last day for Early Action applicants to complete a Fellows Interview
- December 12, 2014: Last day of Fellows Interviews for 2014
- January 30, 2015: Last day for Regular Decision applicants to complete a Fellows Interview
*Chapman considers admission interviews to be OPTIONAL, and students who are unable or who choose not to interview are still welcome and encouraged to apply, and will be given the same consideration.
Regional & International Interviews
For high school seniors who are not able to make it to campus but still want an in-person interview with an admission representative, see where and when we'll be offering interviews in your area of the country by clicking on a link below:
+-Advising Appointments (Transfer Students Only)
- Undergraduate Admission
- Why Chapman?+
- Can I Afford Chapman?+
- Visiting Chapman+
- How to Apply+
- Meet Your Counselors
- Check Admission Status+
- Transfer Students+
- Discover Chapman Day+
- International Students+
- College Guidance Counselors+
- Department/Art Supplement Requirements+
- Transfer Student College Fairs+
- International Travel Schedule+
- High School Visits & College Fairs+
- Meet the Class of 2017
- Class of 2018
Office of Admission Contact
General Fax: (714) 997-6713
Application Fax: (714) 628-3404
Office of Admission
One University Drive
Orange, CA 92866