» Invitations, Tickets & Accommodations
+ - Parking Information
We are thrilled for your visit to our beautiful University! Please reference the quick bullet points below regarding parking:
- Parking passes are not required for inauguration events
- We expect that the Lastinger Parking Structure (located under the Wilson Field), will provide enough space for our guests. This parking location is the closest to most of the festivities.
- Lastinger Parking Structure Address: 481 N. Orange Street, Orange, California 92866
- In addition to the Lastinger Parking Structure, guests are invited to park in the Barrera Parking Structure, the Villa Park Orchard lot, the Cypress lot, or the West Campus parking structure.
- Please visit our interactive campus map
- You can also use our Chapman University Mobile App to locate these parking facilities.
+ - Information for Off-Campus Guests
RSVPGuests who received an Inauguration invitation may RSVP using the card enclosed in the invitation. Please let us know of your intent by Friday, August 26, 2016. Investiture ceremony confirmation packets will be mailed upon receipt of your RSVP.
The following hotels are offering special rates for Chapman guests. When making a reservation, please mention the room block designated for Chapman’s Presidential Inauguration. There are a limited amount of courtesy room blocks available, so please make reservations well in advance.
- Ayres Hotel Orange – 200 N. The City Drive, Orange CA 92868
$135.00 per night plus 10.195% occupancy tax
GROUP CODE: “CHOR”
To Book Online, Please Visit: www.AyresHotelOrange.com
To Book by Phone, Please Call: (855) 672-9737 or (714) 919-79
ALO Hotel – 3737 W. Chapman Avenue, Orange CA 92868
$115.00 per night plus 10.195% occupancy tax
GROUP CODE: “CPI”
To Book Online, Please Visit: www.ALOHotelOrange.com
To Book by Phone, Please Call: (888) 268-7974 or (714) 978-9168
Chapman shuttle service will be provided from these hotels to campus on Friday, September 30, 2016. Shuttle service will begin at 9:00 a.m., and run every 30 minutes throughout the day. Guests should plan to be ready in the lobby of your hotel, and a Chapman University volunteer will escort you from the lobby to the shuttle. For questions about shuttle transportation, please contact the shuttle coordinator in Chapman University Special Events at (714) 628-2828.
+ - Information for Members of the Chapman Family
All members of the faculty have been invited to participate in the Investiture ceremony academic procession. Members of the academic procession will represent a cross-section of the Chapman Family, including faculty, staff, students, alumni and friends, as well as community representatives and delegates from learned societies and other universities. For planning purposes, it is important to know how many faculty will join us in the academic procession. Faculty should indicate their participation in the academic procession by Friday, August 19, 2016. Faculty participating in the academic procession only do not need a ticket for the ceremony.
Academic apparel will be worn for the academic procession. Members of the procession are responsible for providing their own academic apparel, which can be ordered online by Friday, August 26.
Distribution of academic apparel will take place Tuesday, September 20, in the Alumni Memorial Union, 448.
Faculty who are not walking in the procession will need a ticket for the ceremony. Details will be posted soon.