Welcome to Librería Martinez de Chapman University. Please join us for upcoming events, book signings, and presentations at our beautiful location in Santa Ana, CA.
- Art Exhibits and PresentationsArt Exhibits and PresentationsLibrería Martinez de Chapman University is proud to host exhibits and presentations by an array of distinguished artists.
- Children's Book ActivitiesChildren's Book ActivitiesJoin the Librería Martinez as we celebrate youth literacy with children's book author signings, presentations, and reading festivals.
- Author Presentations and SigningsAuthor Presentations and SigningsLook for new presentations by your favorite author each month.
- Live Music and PerformancesLive Music and PerformancesMusic lovers rejoice! The Librería Martinez is proud to host live musical performances, children's concerts, and special events.
- Readings and DiscussionsReadings and DiscussionsJoin the Librería Martinez for readings, discussions, workshops, and other fun literature events each month.
- Community EventsCommunity EventsLibrería Martinez de Chapman University is proud to partner with the City of Santa Ana and Orange County to provide frequent community events and educational services.
»Librería Martinez de Chapman University Events
Saturday, May 2nd: 6:00pm – 8:00pm Meet and Greet: Author, Henry Turner
Henry Turner debuts with this extraordinary young adult novel. Ask the Dark is a thrilling contemporary page-turner about a troubled boy who hunts an elusive killer in his own neighborhood while trying to keep his struggling family together in the face of adversity. Edgy and thought provoking with brilliantly crafted characters, Ask the Dark is unforgettable. The novel is grounded in real-life experience—Henry Turner draws from memories of the palpable feeling of fear that he and his friends experienced firsthand as kids when a local boy was kidnapped from their neighborhood. Originally from Baltimore, award-winning independent filmmaker and journalist Henry Turner now lives in Southern California.
Saturday, May 9th: 5:30pm – 8:00pm Meet and Greet: Author, Tina Aldatz
Tina’s childhood dreams of an improved life for her and her family were grounded on an unshakeable confidence that would lead the young fashionista to create a multimillion-dollar designer shoe accessories company, Foot Petals Inc. In this intimate, no-holds-barred autobiography, Tina candidly shares her humble yet tumultuous upbringing and lessons learned throughout her life that served as the impetus in her eventually calling her own shots. Filled with wit, wisdom, and unrelenting honesty, From Stilettos to the Stock Exchange offers a detailed look into the life of a very creative and successful “serial entrepreneur”.
Wednesday, May 13th: 6:00pm – 8:00pm Meet and Greet: Author, Santiago Vaquera-Vasquez
Please join the Libreria Martinez de Chapman University to meet author and artist, Santiago Vaquera-Vásquez.
Santiago Vaquera-Vásquez is an unrepentant border crosser, ex-DJ, writer, painter, and academic. An Assistant Professor of Creative Writing and Hispanic Southwest Literatures in the Department of Spanish, and Portuguese at the University of New Mexico, he has also taught and lectured at the University of Iowa, Penn State, the Universidad de Salamanca, the Universidad de Alcalá de Henares, the Universidad Pompeu Fabra, and at Texas A&M University. Santiago Vaquera-Vásquez has published extensively in Spanish, "One Day I'll Tell You the Things I've Seen" is his first collection of stories in English. He has discussed his work with Eduardo Halfón and Daniel Alarcón in "The Believer", and with Edmundo Paz Soldán and Santiago Roncaglio in "The Arizona Journal of Hispanic Cultural Studies."
Spanish for English Speakers: 1/16 - 6/12/2015, 5-6:30pm
The College of Educational Studies Community Education Program at Librería Martínez de Chapman University is offering a specially designed Spanish course for English speaking parents of children who participate in dual language and other bilingual programs. Take advantage of this opportunity to learn the Spanish language and Latino/Hispanic culture from an expert Spanish language teacher using quality children’s literature, cultural materials, and real life scenarios! (Please note: No childcare is available during this program)...More Information
Adventures in Reading: Every Saturday from 1 - 2pm
Librería Martinez de Chapman University is offering free story-time on Saturdays from 1-2 PM. Reading Adventures engages elementary school children in interesting books and nurtures a love for reading. Select honors students from Orange County School of the Arts (OCHSA) will be leading Reading Adventures storytelling and activities.
Librería Martinez de Chapman University ofrece gratituamente una hora de cuentos los sábados de 1:00-2:00 pm. Aventuras con Lecturas involucra a niños de escuela primaria en libros interesantes y nutre el amor por la lectura. Estudiantes de honor seleccionados de la escuela secundaria Orange County School of the Arts (OCHSA) llevarán a cabo las actividades con la lectura.